Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rocco Deluca & the Burden

First of all, God bless Pandora. It's a great internet radio service that's introduced me to a number of bands I really like. This weekend, I was listening & it queued up "Colorful" by Rocco DeLuca & the Burden. I really liked the song but didn't think much more of it at the time.

Then, Sunday, don't you know I was in Blockbuster, and I walk past a video and do a double-take: it's "I Trust You to Kill Me," a sort of documentary starring... well, Kiefer Sutherland, actually - but also Rocco DeLuca & the Burden. Whoa. Almost like a coincidence. (Kiefer started a record label with a guy named Jude Cole, and this was the first act they signed.) The film follows the band as they make their first European tour. It's interesting at some points, boring at others - the interesting parts are where they're playing music.

In any case, these guys are pretty good.

No comments: