Monday, August 6, 2007

Camping again? I'll be right back...

This past weekend had us out of town once again. This time, it was Ithaca & Buttermilk Falls state park. We enjoyed the campfire, great hiking, and great friends! We packed our little Chevy Aveo full to the top (I couldn't see out the back, only the sides) and made our way down there Friday... no thanks to Reserve America, whose website linked me to the Google map for the wrong park and almost got us lost several times with inaccurate mileage measurements. We never did see Pre-emption Road....

As I said, we really enjoyed the hiking: even though it was uphill a lot of the way (we were walking from the lower part of the park to the upper part), the views really made it worthwhile. I'm going to try to get some pictures up here; in the meantime, check out a Google image search to get an idea of the beauty of this place.

We packed up Sunday morning and came back home by around lunchtime; the rest of the day found us hitting up the mall so I could get a haircut & Lisa could do some shopping, then enjoying Rochester's gorgeous weather (not an oxymoron yesterday!) by taking a 5-mile roundtrip walk along the Erie Canal near Fairport.

All in all, a weekend packed nearly as full as our car!

1 comment:

Woopop said...

Pre-Emption road really does exist, I've passed it before... I'm not quite sure what they're pre-empting though... usually whatever I want to watch!

Thanks for putting the trip together, we had a blast! (We need to do another "Pro Washers" challenge!!