Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Walking update: 7 miles today

Well, it's been several days since I posted about walking... which means it's been as many days since I took a serious walk. Granted, Lisa & I logged a mile and a half in Lowe's the other night, but more about that in a separate post to follow.

Today's walk was about 7 miles, up our road to the north, and "around the block" coming back the same road I walked last week. New critters this walk were a rabbit, a deer, and several chickens (no, not wild chickens - thank God, since I had forgotten my chickening stick).

I was amazed, walking up a road I've driven dozens of times over the past year+, at how different it looks walking instead of driving. There are so many things, so many houses and details I never noticed! It got so I actually wondered at one point whether or not I was on the correct road.

Keep a look out for 2 more walks this week, both at least 5 - 7 miles long.

1 comment:

Woopop said...

Chickens... when we were at the Rochester Public Market, one vendor had live chickens for sale! $7!!